Some feedback notes I took from our client for the final project in visual design.
Based on the feedback received I sketched up some wireframes for the interactive desk screen and main board.
-I kept it simple and easy to understand since the audience will be first graders and the subject of the screens are math related because first graders are learning simple subtraction and addition at that age.
My 10 sketches of floating items were: balloon, bubbles, feather, boat, tube, pool noodle, people, birds, loungers, balls.
-I thought of these things because I wanted a variety of floating objects and not things that were too similar
For my New Floating Product I came up with The Bird Lounge.
The Bird Lounge is a pool lounger for individuals who like to lay out floating around the pool and not be disturbed.
-The Bird Lounge will spread its’ wings to prevent you from get splashed with water from active poolers
-TheBird Lounge will scare off anyone who attempt to disturb you while you lay out.
The Bird Lounge, water lounging protected
Here is my portfolio website, not much on it right now. I’m still working on it but here’s some of it so far.
This is the storyboard I made based on the concept my team and I had came up with.
We wanted to create an interactive screen on the students desks so thy could interact with the lesson plans the teacher displayed on her projection. We wanted the interaction to feel fun and like a game for the kids so they would want to participate, then we thought of these games having a point system so kids would feel motivated to learn and get answers right so they could get a prize.
This story is about a young boy named Samuel L. J. starting his first day of first grade. Through out his first day he does different lessons on an interactive desk screen but to him these lesson plans are really just fun games. He engages in each “game” so he can earn points to get a fish for his tank. At the end of the first half of class Samuel gains enough points to gets a fish for his tank on his interactive desk and goes out to recess where he looks forward for the “games” his teacher has when he gets back.
My moodboard for school of guppies:
when putting this together I began to realized how difficult it is to find a way to make things gender friendly. I feel like the color palette i came up with fits the co-gender idea but I think it could still be revised and pushed further. I also found it difficult to pick a font that was kid friendly but not tacky. I decided to use the houschka rounded font because it welcoming and would look good with a kids themed interface but still have a professional look (not too tacky). However, it was a lot of fun finding inspiration and ui examples, that part was easy because I had some what of an idea of what kinds of images I wanted and when looking for what I visualized in my head I found better and more inspiring things.
Today’s in class process work:
Finding first graders needs
Determining their problems with in classrooms
Writing down some how might we’s and ideas
Story boarding everything
My digital visual design mock ups
I wanted to design the interactive screen on something that was already in classroom.
The white board concept was one to make participating in class lessons more appealing to kids. The idea was that the whiteboard would be an interactive screen in which students would be able to draw and write out answers with their hands, making it feel more like interacting with a tablet that they relate playing games to than the old school whiteboard that they relate being in front of everyone to answer questions.
The adjustable desk concept was to make it so kids could follow along and interact with teacher’s lesson plans. The desk had an adjustable to so it could be fixed in a slant where kids could look at their desks and the projector screen. Then the idea was that the desks could also show parts of the teachers lesson plan (like examples) so they could following along and work problems out with the teacher.
Wheel Well 2day design sprint prototyping images :
Will soldering wires to the arduino board to begin our prototyping for the “wearable”
Images of Will and I cheering for solving a coding problem of calling out individual LEDs within a strand.
More images of our processing for the wheel well 2day design sprint:
A video rayro put together of our prototype for wheel well 2day design sprint.
Some of our process images for the wheel well 2day design sprint :